Getting Married at St. Giles
Marriages at St. Giles are reserved for members
and children or grandchildren of members.
- Begin preparation as soon as your relationship appears to be heading for marriage; do not wait until you are engaged. It is best to get a marriage mentor couple as soon as you begin talking about marriage, as this will help you in the process.
- Take advantage of educational and skill building opportunities at any time. Even in pre-engagement relationships, relationship education and mentors or accountability partners can be very helpful.
- Contact the Church Administrator, Patience Flynn, at (804) 282-9763 ext 21 to begin the process, to get an appointment with the pastor, and to reserve a date for the church. Your wedding must be approved by the senior pastor, so schedule an appointment with Reverend Josh Modrzynski as soon as possible.
St. Giles Marriage Policy
- We encourage a courtship of at least one year.
- We require and provide a thorough premarital preparation process of at least four premarital mentoring sessions, a premarital inventory, and intensive education.
- We promote chastity outside of marriage, and faithful marital relationships. An optional premarital covenant will be presented by mentors for couples to consider during their premarital preparation.
- We encourage post-marital counseling sessions with clergy or a mentor couple within the first year of marriage (initiated by mentor couple).
- We encourage enrichment opportunities for every couple that are designed to strengthen marriages, and intervention services for stressed marriages. A key part of this is the PREPARE -ENRICH relationship inventory, with four or more sessions with a mentor couple. Other opportunities are available within and outside the church.