Highlights of the Session Meeting
The Session held a special meeting on March 16 to deal with the new realities of this Coronavirus season. Here are some highlights of their actions:
- We are cancelling all meetings and planned events for now – and we’re not sure how long “now” is! We anticipate that “now” will surely last well into April. We are keeping events in the more distant future on the calendar, but they now have an asterisk by them (e.g., the May 2nd baseball outing, food trucks starting in June, etc), and may be cancelled too.
- We are cancelling all outside groups using the building for now.
- The one meeting we will have is a small one for worship at 10:30 on Sundays, which will be livestreamed for any who would like to join in virtually. In keeping with the new Coronavirus protocol of no more than ten people gathering, we will invite a few of the least vulnerable to be the on-site worshipers.
- The office will be opened as usual for now, though hours are likely to be adapted soon.
- We will continue paying the staff, even those who suddenly have no work to do until this season changes (like our nursery keepers, our organist, etc).
- We will be forming Cluster Groups who will meet in small numbers (ten or less), or virtually (especially for our most vulnerable population – those with health conditions or over 65 years of age).